Wednesday, May 02, 2007

If I Were A Man

I do not know how to put them as poems or just words popping out from my brains. I had this inspiration from gathering which I had attended on the 1st May,2007; from the centre which is a part of the contribution to the less fortunate :

If I were a Man
By mistake whereby I was borne by mum
Here the burden is the same as now
Experiences one would consider as Ah Hmmm...

First let me tell the advantages
I would not be on a nine months transport
Carrying my babe
Enduring aches, pains as well as labour pain

Breastfeeding, as I would not have any breasts
Feeding milk to my babe
Period cramps, monthly discharge as a woman
Additional tests done by doctors

Depends on what types of diseases
Which I am going through as a woman
Now as a man, there is manicure, padicure
Facial treatments on a regular basis

If I am vain enough to do so to look after my
Beauty one will put them
Yet these experiences as a man
Is not even one yet; therefore no comment at the moment

Disadvantages would be
I need to have a steady income with a prestigious company (or a business)
To support my wife, kids, car loan, house loan, marriage loan
Name whatever loans that pop into your mind

Not forgetting my parents; if they are in good terms
With my wife : the issues of daughter in law and monsters in law
Would be a bonus to have lesser worry to be on which side
My wifey or my parents??

Need to maintain my six packs with exercising
To keep my body in shape
Before a pot belly appear with constant eating
And being a couch potato

Bonus would be instead of cooking but
In doing plumbing, car maintenance, you name them
Darling dear, my wife would put them
Please help me to fix this or that

One difference would be
Instead of me nagging my wife
My wife will be nagging me
I will be in a 'switch off' mode

After hard day of work
As her daily driver, daily recorder
Her rock, as well as her confidant
If not why are we together???

We are together
Because as a man
I woo her, court her, worship her
Now as her husband, I am taking care of her

Isn't this is called teamwork? My dear friend...........

No comments: