Friday, February 23, 2007

Post Mortem of CNY

In short, this year Chinese New Year is no different than the others except that there are few 'unexpected visitings' to those whom we hardly get in contact with. However; the questions of 'the other half' is always being asked.............Oh brother!!!! Don't they have anything to ask apart from being waiting to be 'married off'............Sucks!!!! It really gets on my nerves.........

On the other hand, on the 1st day of CNY my father's younger sister stayed two nights with us on the eve of CNY till the 2nd day of CNY. Coincidentally; on the 1st day of CNY both my mother's younger sisters came over for dinner but we had unexpected additional guests who were last minutes, both my elder cousins from my father's late eldest sister two grown up children came with their families and their maid and nearly half the day in the house.............In addition to that, eating and drinking without stopping.............Some would term them as 'ehm sioung he'.............In short, 'know your limits'.............You know...............Chinese mentality eat till the worth and also..............The displays of attitude...........It was a change from the usual quiet atmosphere which I am pretty used to it..............

On the second day of CNY, we had my mother's youngest brother came over for lunch............Later we had the unexpected guest from my father's second elder brother who could not even bother to give a ring and inform us on our fixed appointment with our mother's second younger brother dinner appointment on the same day..................That period of time was also very tight for us............The worst part is that my father's elder brother and his wife enjoys boasting about his son's paycheck, status.........etc.........and even have 'long backside'............to brag on sometimes can be up to hours just in one sitting...............The news I heard that my this 'snake cousin' will be having his wedding dinner in Putrajaya...............According to him, the area is not 'high class' enough for his status...........Blah........talk about career, social status............................................Fortunately; for this year we did not have to endure for hours but only for minutes as we had to rush for our dinner appointment................

Okay, during the dinner my mother's third sister who is a 'chut fong tau' and her eldest sister kept her constantly occupied with unecessary mobile phone calls............However, what my sister and I had not bargained for was the 'surprise' visit we made to her eldest sister after the appointed dinner ..........who has always calls herself the 'black sheep' of the family...........During the journey we made to her place; it was raining cats and dogs..........When we reached to her apartment; it was cramped but also very untidy and rubbishes were strewn all over the place........Can you imagine as the CNY........for a Chinese? Okay not Chinese I had seen the houses of some Muslims and Indians who are able to keep their houses tidy although they are working full time.............You are talking about two retirees in the house with both grown up children who are professionals...........If my mother sees the place both my sister and I made this type of mess we will be lectured.............

The worst part is that tomorrow is Saturday which is also my telephone duty night, my fren MJ's party night and also my mother's GM open house night................I had to turn down MJ's party and also my telephone duty night as the order from her GM is that the entire family will need to attend as he was the one who 'forced' my mother back to work................She promised her boss already................Once the boss order...........we need to follow............If life is any simpler than this.................

No comments: